RayLab is an application for design and simulation of optics on the iPad. It can be used as either as a learning tool, or to design real optical systems.
Key features include:
- Support for Lenses, Mirrors, Lens Arrays, Diffraction Gratings, Prisms.
- Full control over placement and shape of optical components.
- Full control over aspheric surface shape parameters.
- Full geometric ray tracing.
- Sequential and Non Sequential analysis.
- Front Focal Length, Back Focal Length, Principle Surface calculations.
- Ray Transfer Matrix calculation.
- Multiple Analysis Modes:
- Fan Ray Diagram.
- Wavefront Error Plot.
- Grid Distortion Plot.
- Tutorial examples.
If you have suggestions for new features or usability improvements please leave me a comment below.